turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

jben43

Turbo Tax has created a Sch K-1 Wks-S Corporation and insists on review that I enter a name for the S-Corporation. There is none. How do I remove the form?

Yes.  I successfully deleted the form from the CA Return
BarbL
Employee Tax Expert

Turbo Tax has created a Sch K-1 Wks-S Corporation and insists on review that I enter a name for the S-Corporation. There is none. How do I remove the form?

Did the refund go back where it should be?
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jben43

No.  It is still at $37 vs $15xx something
BarbL
Employee Tax Expert

Okay, you may want to just delete that state return and start fresh.  It will pull everything in from the federal return, but you will need to click through the state section again.
BarbL
Employee Tax Expert

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1983435">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1983435</a>
jben43

California return is deleted.  Thanks.  I still cannot remove the K-1 S-corp from the Federal.  It does not show up in the list of "forms in my return".  It does not show up with the option edit delete in the step by step instructions for S Corporations (Form 1120) Update in the K-1 Summary screen as in step 5 of the answer below.  It shows up in the review process and I can see it when I switch to forms view from the  step by step S Corporations (Form 1120) Update window.  Delete Form only switches me back to step by step.  I did not have a 2016 K-1 form 1120.  How do I delete the form?
BarbL
Employee Tax Expert

We are still working on a solution for you and would like to see what the underlying issue is in the return.  To do that we will need a diagnostic copy of your return. This is a copy of your return with no personal information, only numbers so that we can troubleshoot in depth and check what is going on. Here are the steps to send us a diagnostic copy for review:
1. Open your return in TurboTax.
2. Select 'Online' from the top menu bar.
3. Select Send Tax File to Agent'
4. Select Send
5. This should provide you a 6 digit number so we can retrieve your return. Please provide that 6 digit token number here once you have it.
jben43

435394  Thanks
BarbL
Employee Tax Expert

Thank you, that was helpful.  The root issue is a phantom Schedule E carried forward from 2016, which isn't in your forms list.

The fix: Go to Forms Mode, then select 'Open Form' at the top of the forms list.  Enter 'Schedule E' in the search box and select 'Schedule E, p2: Supplemental Income and Loss'. When the form opens, delete it using the button at the bottom of the page.  Do the same with 'K-1 Wks-S Corporation' (it should show an existing K-1 worksheet, select that). Then, go to the CA return and delete the existing K-1 worksheet (Sch K-1 Worksheet - S Corporations).

This should get you through the Review section without the error.
jben43

Thank you TurboTaxBarb.  I followed your instructions.  Vanquished all of the demons, ghosts and phantoms.  Completed the Federal Review flawlessly and went ahead to complete two states equally flawlessly.  I am so thankful that I did not need to start over with re-entry of all of this and equally grateful for your patience and expertise.

Best wishes,
John
BarbL
Employee Tax Expert

We are happy to help, and glad you are rid of the phantoms!!
KiaraE

This is done so that you do not forget to enter information that you may have already entered in prior years. 

If you think you might have this K-1 in the future, you can just enter "0"s in  any fields the program asks about. It won't affect your return and the information will be saved for next time you get this K-1. Or you can simply delete the K-1 by following the instructions on the link below.

If you are using the CD/Download version enter "K1" in the search box at the top and click Jump to "K-1". Then follow the rest of the instructions on the link below starting with #3. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4801245

[Editied 3.16.2018 at 7:12 PM EST]

jben43

No.  I still cannot get the k-1 to be forgotten.

How do I delete it ? I don't see a delete button ! PLEASE HELP

JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

Please clarify your question. Are you working in TurboTax Online or from a disc or download?

Do you get a error related to a K-1 form?

Do you have a K-1 form in your return?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies