Ask the Experts about the new tax laws! >> Event happening TODAY!
jodaemail

Can I see an itemized list of assets when I review the "Assets" expense category in the "Federal Income and Expenses" page?

The other expense categories let me see itemized lists but not assets.  When I click "Edit" for Assets it takes me into a series of questions about adding new assets, which is now what I want to do.  I want to check what's already there to try and avoid a suspected double entry of an expense.

If you already had assets listed in that section of the program you should see a list you can edit  not just enter new ones so are you in the correct place ?   Did you start a new Sch C or Sch E by mistake ?

You can peek at only  the Federal form 1040 and the summary of the state info by going here:

1) lower- Left side of the screen...click to the left side of the "Tax Tools" text selection.
2)  then select "Tools"
3) then select "View Tax Summary" from the pop-up
4) then back to the left-side and "Preview 1040"

Then hit the "Back" on the left side to get back to your tax entries.

To view your entire return using the online editions (including the state) before you file, you will need to pay for your online account.

To pay the TurboTax online account fees by credit card, without completing the 2021 return at this time, click on Tax Tools >>> Tools  and then Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  On the next page, to pay by credit card, click Continue.  On the next screen it will ask if you want Audit Defense, if you do not want this option just click on the Continue button.  The next screen will ask for all your credit card information so you can pay for the account.

jodaemail

Thanks for reply. I found one entry in assets but not the ones I needed.  I ended up upgrading to get online support so hopefully that will do the trick.