Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ejm_003
Level 2

business documents

hello, 

Is a 1099 considered a "official business document" even if it is not reported on my taxes? 

5 Replies
VolvoGirl
Level 15

business documents

What kind of 1099?  There are over a dozen kinds.   What do you need it for?

Mike9241
Level 15

business documents

what do you mean by "official business document"? where do you see the term used? and what do you mean not reported on your taxes?   if the 1099 is issued in your name, usually it has some tax significance and needs to be reported for tax purposes.   the IRS gets copies of 1099's and usually tries to match them to tax returns.

ejm_003
Level 2

business documents

a 1099 MISC... the term is from the SBA, they denied me a EIDL loan I was eligible for, then they wanted "official business documents" from 2019 tax returns. the 1099 MISC was not on my tax return because it was less than $600.00 but it is reported on my "Wage and Earnings" report for that year.  although I submitted this report to them they didn't fix my application. thanks for the response. 

ejm_003
Level 2

business documents

a 1099 MISC... the term is from the SBA, they denied me a EIDL loan I was eligible for, then they wanted "official business documents" from 2019 tax returns. the 1099 MISC was not on my tax return because it was less than $600.00 but it is reported on my "Wage and Earnings" report for that year. although I submitted this report to them they didn't fix my application. thanks for the response. 

ejm_003
Level 2

business documents

a 1099 MISC... the term is from the SBA, they denied me a EIDL loan I was eligible for, then they wanted "official business documents" from 2019 tax returns. the 1099 MISC was not on my tax return because it was less than $600.00 but it is reported on my "Wage and Earnings" report for that year. although I submitted this report to them they didn't fix my application. thanks for the response. 

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.

3.49m
Members

2.62m
Discussions

Manage cookies
v