Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

April Income Tax Planning

So, I opened an LLC to start a reseller business on Facebook Marketplace. At the time, I did not know I would have to sell as an individual using my SS and not my EIN. This means I will receive a 1099-MISC from FB. 

I did bookkeeping for the SS income and expense and separate bookkeeping for the EIN business with startup expenses and no profit. 

I understand that both sole proprietor/independent contractor and LLC businesses need to submit Schedule C reports. 

Should I keep the bookkeeping records separated for tax purposes or should I combine them since the business will also be reported on my personal income? 

Will, there be separate schedule C reports one for the independent contractor and one for the business, or do they get combined? 

Can I still write off the startup cost and expenses for the business even though it did not generate income or should I write them off in the next year 2022/2023 when I am profitable? Do I still need to file income taxes for the business even though it did not generate income? 

Thanks in advance!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

You will file ONE Sch C for the business and put the EIN on the Sch C along with your SS#.  

So, should I combine my bookkeeping then? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies