Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2019 Turbo Tax Business Failing to Import 2018 Partners

Yes. As stated "I have tried the suggestions to date and none worked." Please provide a solution or work around ASAP.

These bozos are not going to do anything about the problem.  It was reported almost 8 weeks ago, diagnostic files were provided by folks and screenshots provided.  Nothing has been done to date.  I gave up and just started a new return to enter the business info vs wait on this DMV level of support.  Very frustrating to say the least!

@8tgibson wrote:

These bozos are not going to do anything about the problem.  It was reported almost 8 weeks ago...

It is not clear exactly what they could actually do about this issue since the genesis of the issue appears to be with 2018 returns prepared with the 2018 version of TurboTax and then transferred in to the 2019 program.

The 2018 return needs to be rectified (corrected) prior to the transfer. 

They need to find the "problem" in the 2018 return and let us know what needs to be changed.  I have checked mine several times and I cannot find any "errors."  It passes the Turbo Tax review with nothing flagged.

The returns are stored electronically into relational data fields that are well known by their developers.  The mapping of these data points between versions of SW should not really be an inssue.  The issue is probably a logic issue on how the 2019 SW is ingesting the 2018 data.  Proper coding should have debug points and internal logging which is included in the diagnostics files.  It just seems that they have junior folks developing and/or coding the SW which they are lost on how to resolve.  After 10 weeks of it be reported and a diagnostic files being sent in, for one developer, that equates to essentially 400 man hours to resolve a data import issue.  Unbelievable and excuses for them don't fly with me.  From an employee/developer perspective, you get what you pay for. 

Neil10

I am having the same problem!  2019 imports 5 of my 6 partners.  There is nothing wrong with my 2018 return.  Tax day is MONDAY for LLC's.  When will this be fixed???  Dammit Turbo Tax.  You are about to lose a 10yr + business and personal customer!

Lost me already. They don’t care!

I know this thread is older now but I was having the same issue and FOUND A SOLUTION after many failed attempts (using the 2019 Home & Business CD software on a Mac.)

When I went to import my 2018 return into the 2019 program it prompted me for my password for the 2018 return.

*Instead of typing in my password I selected "Forgot password" and answered the security question I had set up* The import time took longer this time and sure enough the 2018 info was there!

I immediately tested this method by starting a new return, importing the old return and typing in the password as normal (NOT "forgot password) and just as before it did NOT work this way. (Said it imported everything but nothing showed up.)

Not sure if this is the end-all solution, but I hope this helps other users who are just starting their returns (like me) as well as the developers who might be able to take this as a clue to the underlying issue.

@8tgibson @tagteam @JamesG1 @hdfxrs @Neil10 

Too late for me. I have found a local tax preparer for less money. Will never go back to Turbotax. They provided no useful assistance.

syriac11
Returning Member

Hi

I'm having the same problem that I see occurred with the 2019 software.  I did use the 2019 software, but don't remember if I had this problem with respect to the 2019 return.

Now I have the same problem as described quite a few times elsewhere last year.

How do you suggest to fix it?

Thank you.

Sent ours back for a refund last year and switched to a local preparer. Actually saved money.

This is how I resolved my issue last year. The following are note that I posted last year. I hope it works this year. By the way, Turbo Tax did nothing to help last year. I got help from one of the posts on the Community forum.

"I re-did my 2018 tax return after updating my 2018 TurboTax Business software.  Then I used the updated 2018 file to start my 2019 TurboTax Business software.  Now the 2019 software has correctly imported all the partners information.

Last year I had completed my return in February.  Although, I did not have any issues with my tax return last year, the software had a later update.  I am assuming that I was having issues with my 2019 TurboTax Business software since my 2018 tax return was not done with the latest software.  My issues are now resolved.  I am hoping that information will help other 2019 TurboTax Business software users."

syriac11
Returning Member

Thank you. 

I tried updating the 2019 software and resaving the return, and it didn't transfer the owners' information to the 2020 return.

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

This links below may provide some helpful tips to correct the problem. Keep in mind you may have to clear and start over.  Here are two articles for assistance.

If you would like more assistance click this link to Contact us .

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
syriac11
Returning Member

Thank you. I will try and let you know what happens.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies