turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

New Member

2 member llc with one ein

Have a 2 member LLC, husband and wife, living in Washington state, so filed one Schedule C, since it is a community property jurisdiction.  By filing one Schedule C, found that the social security amounts were reported on only one person's accounts.  Read that we should have filed two Schedule C's separating expenses and income between the two for each member.  In the meantime though, we have moved to a state that is not a community property jurisdiction.   We need to amend our returns so that the income and expenses are allocated properly, but since we are now in a different state, do we need to change the filing from a schedule C to a form 1065?  If so, how do we do that without changing the EIN number?  Thank you

Connect with an expert
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Expert Alumni

2 member llc with one ein

It sounds like you have a Qualified Joint Venture in Washington. You will file one Schedule C for each of you. I have included instructions below on amending your return.


Here are some helpful links on Qualified Joint Venture returns:

What is a Qualified Joint Venture? - The TurboTax Blog - Intuit

Qualified joint venture: QBI and other questions

Election for Married Couples Unincorporated Businesses


If your new state in not a community property state, you will need to file as a partnership. Here is a good IRS resource: Entities | Internal Revenue Service. You will not need to change the EIN Number.


If you want to make changes or add a document to a tax return that has already been submitted, you should follow these guidelines. 

  • You must first wait until the initial return is completely processed. 
  • You will have to use the same TurboTax account that you used for the original tax return. 
  • Once you begin your amendment, you'll see your original return.  
  • The refund calculator will start new at $0 and only reflect the changes in the refund or tax due 
  • Only make changes to the areas of your return that need amending. 
  • You have three years from the date you filed your return or two years after you paid the tax due (whichever is later) to file an amendment 

Select your product below and follow the instructions. 

Amend TurboTax Online 

Amend TurboTax CD/Download 


**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies