1065x amended return

ihavesomequestions

1065x amended return

I saw that this year (2019 taxes) the IRS has enabled efiling amended returns. How do I efile an amended 1065?

tagteam

1065x amended return

You can e-file amended returns (after checking the amended return box) for certain returns, such as Forms 1041, 1065, 1120-S.

Forms 1120X and 1065X need to be printed and mailed with TurboTax Business.

ihavesomequestions

1065x amended return

I clicked the box and when I go to efile it says it was already efiled. Can you explain in more detail how to efile an amended return for a 1065?

tagteam

1065x amended return

@ihavesomequestions I believe I was mistaken with respect to e-file support in TurboTax Business; the capability has not yet been implemented. You will have to print and mail your amended 1065.

ihavesomequestions

1065x amended return

Do you know if they will be adding it in an update?

tagteam

1065x amended return

I am not at all certain. They just recently added the ability to e-file a 1040-X in the personal products. 

Carl

1065x amended return

You don't have time to "wait and see" if e-file for an amended 1065 will be available or not. Since the extension deadline for a 1065 is Sept 15th, (oct 15 for a *PERSONAL* 1040 return) you need to quit hoping and print the amended 1065, sign it and mail it. I realize this is not an extension. But you can fully expect the ability to e-file the 2019 form 1065 (amended or not) to be TURNED OFF completely and forever on Sept 15th by the IRS - not by TurboTax.

AmeliesUncle

1065x amended return

@Carl wrote:

But you can fully expect the ability to e-file the 2019 form 1065 (amended or not) to be TURNED OFF completely and forever on Sept 15th by the IRS - not by TurboTax.

Carl, it is TurboTax that turns that off.  The IRS e-file system for business returns (such as Form 1065) is usually open until December, then opens back up in mid-January (and accepts the 2 previous year's of tax returns).