You may receive an message stating An error occurred while while extracting the archive when installing or updating TurboTax for Mac.
- Eject the TurboTax disk if it's currently in your CD drive.
- Quit TurboTax, empty your trash, and reboot your computer.
- Open your Applications folder and launch TurboTax from there.
- Choose to update when it prompts you.
If you're still experiencing the same error after completing the steps above:
- Quit TurboTax and ensure the CD is not in the drive.
- Ensure you're in Finder, and then hold down the option key and select the Go menu. From the menu, select the Library option.
- Inside the Library, open the Application Support folder, then the TurboTax 2013 folder. There should be a folder called TurboTax 20xx 20xx.XXX.XXXX (xx represents the tax year and XXX.XXXX the version number). Find the most recent folder in this format either by checking the date added or getting the highest version number.
- Launch the .dmg file inside this folder and select the TurboTax 20xx application, then drag it to your Applications folder. Replace any existing installation in there.
- You should now be up-to-date with TurboTax when you launch it from the Applications folder.