turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

medinak

2018 1040X has already been released? Why hasn't Turbo Tax gotten that info? I need to file an amendmend return......

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

2018 1040X has already been released? Why hasn't Turbo Tax gotten that info? I need to file an amendmend return......

TurboTax expects to release form 1040X on 2/28/2019. The message should refer not just to the form, but also to all the programming and extensive testing that must precede the release of any form in the TurboTax system.

Please watch this TurboTax webpage for the release dates of federal forms (and all the associated programming and testing).

View solution in original post

7 Replies

TurboTax expects to release form 1040X on 2/28/2019. The message should refer not just to the form, but also to all the programming and extensive testing that must precede the release of any form in the TurboTax system.

Please watch this TurboTax webpage for the release dates of federal forms (and all the associated programming and testing).

You keep pushing the date out - it now shows Mar 7!  I am holding off filing my state return pending amending the Federal one.  I need to be assured the 1040X will be available before April 15!

I agree! I need to file an amended and it looks like the IRS form was release a long time ago. I am worried that I will get a notification from the IRS before I can get this amended. It shouldn't take this long. I have a programmer in my office who said it shouldn't. I may have to just fill in one from the IRS website. That means TurboTax let me down and I will rethink using them again if that happens. Today is March 7th and the form hasn't been released on TurboTax. I am guessing they will push it back again!

today is March 13 and still no 1040X what's going on TurboTax?

It is available now. Run a software update.

were do I do that

Ok were do I do a software update using the turbtax online?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies