Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

You delayed my return

Everything I'm reading states that people who filed through TurboTax all of them are getting that stupid 4883 C notice which is delaying the tax return for up to nine additional weeks why is it only what your company that I'm getting this delay
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
BennyG

You delayed my return

Hello.

The IRS issued you a letter in order to help protect your identity, not because you used TurboTax. I was affected by that same letter last year after E-filing my return, it didn't matter what software I used, or that I actually worked for a tax software company. 

The IRS simply wanted to confirm it was me that filed my return, so I visited my local IRS office and got the verification instantly. They also advised me that it would process within nine weeks, but it was faster than that in the end.

I just wanted to provide some background on what the letter is, why they are doing it and my personal experience with it. I hope this helps all of you feel more comfortable about the experience and what the IRS is doing.

For more information on why the IRS delayed your return, please visit their link regarding the letter 4883c:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/understanding-your-4883c-letter

View solution in original post

1 Reply
BennyG

You delayed my return

Hello.

The IRS issued you a letter in order to help protect your identity, not because you used TurboTax. I was affected by that same letter last year after E-filing my return, it didn't matter what software I used, or that I actually worked for a tax software company. 

The IRS simply wanted to confirm it was me that filed my return, so I visited my local IRS office and got the verification instantly. They also advised me that it would process within nine weeks, but it was faster than that in the end.

I just wanted to provide some background on what the letter is, why they are doing it and my personal experience with it. I hope this helps all of you feel more comfortable about the experience and what the IRS is doing.

For more information on why the IRS delayed your return, please visit their link regarding the letter 4883c:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/understanding-your-4883c-letter

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies