Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lazzyweb

I filed my 2015 tax return and now I am trying to file my 2016 tax return and turbo tax is telling me I am trying to file a duplicate return. What do I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I filed my 2015 tax return and now I am trying to file my 2016 tax return and turbo tax is telling me I am trying to file a duplicate return. What do I do?

You can not file a 2015 tax return with Turbotax Online version since October of 2016. If you did that, what you did was to file a 2016 tax return with 2015 information. That is a bad thing. To correct it, you will need to prepare and file by mail an amended 2016 tax return removing the 2015 information and adding the 2016 information.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You can not file a 2015 tax return with Turbotax Online version since October of 2016. If you did that, what you did was to file a 2016 tax return with 2015 information. That is a bad thing. To correct it, you will need to prepare and file by mail an amended 2016 tax return removing the 2015 information and adding the 2016 information.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies