turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dwrek420

How long does it take after being accepted to have your tax return direct deposited?

After being accepted, how many days till its in your account?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelDC

How long does it take after being accepted to have your tax return direct deposited?

Typically, the IRS says that it will take three weeks to get your refund through direct deposit. However, most times it comes sooner.

The IRS will not begin accepting tax returns until 1/29/18.  You can still prepare your return in TurboTax now, but you will not be able to file it until the IRS begins accepting them (it will remain securely on our server until then). 

(A few returns will be processed up to a week before this date for testing purposes.)

Note: If your return is among those that the IRS processes early as part of its testing, your tax refund (if any) won't be processed until after January 29.

By law, the IRS cannot issue refunds for people claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) before mid-February 2018.

• The law requires the IRS to hold the entire refund — even the portion not associated with EITC or ACTC.

The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting on Feb. 27, 2018, if direct deposit was used and there are no other issues with the tax return.

• This additional period is due to several factors, including the Presidents Day holiday and banking and financial systems needing time to process deposits.

This law change, which took effect at the beginning of 2017, helps ensure that taxpayers receive the refund they’re due by giving the IRS more time to detect and prevent fraud.

View solution in original post

22 Replies
MichaelDC

Typically, the IRS says that it will take three weeks to get your refund through direct deposit. However, most times it comes sooner.

The IRS will not begin accepting tax returns until 1/29/18.  You can still prepare your return in TurboTax now, but you will not be able to file it until the IRS begins accepting them (it will remain securely on our server until then). 

(A few returns will be processed up to a week before this date for testing purposes.)

Note: If your return is among those that the IRS processes early as part of its testing, your tax refund (if any) won't be processed until after January 29.

By law, the IRS cannot issue refunds for people claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) before mid-February 2018.

• The law requires the IRS to hold the entire refund — even the portion not associated with EITC or ACTC.

The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting on Feb. 27, 2018, if direct deposit was used and there are no other issues with the tax return.

• This additional period is due to several factors, including the Presidents Day holiday and banking and financial systems needing time to process deposits.

This law change, which took effect at the beginning of 2017, helps ensure that taxpayers receive the refund they’re due by giving the IRS more time to detect and prevent fraud.

I am assuming mine was one that was selected for early processing. I filed on the 18th of Jan, received a text saying it was accepted on the 19th of Jan and this morning (27th of Jan) checked Where's My Refund and it gave a dd date of 31st Jan 2018. We shall see if it is actually there that day.

annabucciarelli was your refund deposited yet?

Yes was deposited on 1-31-18 just like it said

TurboTax is still at middle bar "accepted on 2/3/18" but the estimated ddd is 02/21/18 hopefully I'll get mine also. thanx for input.

Annabucciarelli did you claim the eitc or the actc
tink08

Filed on the 1/26/19 accept on the 28th when should I be looking for my refund

Hello, where do you guys find out where it gives you expected tax refund date? I filed on 1/28/19 and it got accepted the same day, but I haven’t received any refund yet. I did direct deposit.

Has anybody that you guys know, or your selves over the years get your refund on the holiday.. cause I seen somewhere that the IRS can still send out the refund but it's up to the bank.

Filed 1/27
Accepted 1/28
Path message 2/1
2 bar 2/15
DDD 2/22-27

I have a pre paid card so the past 2 years I got my money in the 16th..  I can get it 2 days sooner. so I'm wondering.. when will I get it this time.  It would be nice if I would have hot it today.

And yes I filed with EITC

am I suppose to get email on when my refund is sent to the bank

still no deposit date here. mine was accepted 1/17/19. today is 2/21/19, wheres my money??

My friend received her DD refund on 2/19... her taxes were approved on 1/25.... so I’m hoping to see mine soon.

cbommarito88 Can you please ask your friend about what time the Deposit was put in their account? That would be very helpful, and appreciated.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies