turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello, I just received an unexpected 1099-R with a $0.00 taxable amount but I already filed my taxes. Do I need to file an amended return?

If I must file an amended return, will this $0.00 taxable amount in Box 2a change my refund?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Patrice

Hello, I just received an unexpected 1099-R with a $0.00 taxable amount but I already filed my taxes. Do I need to file an amended return?

Were there any other dollar amounts in any of the other boxes?

Yes, in box 1, it has $1,636.32.  All other boxes are blank.
Patrice

Is there a code in Box 7?

Oh yes, the code is G
Patrice

Yes, it is recommended that you file an amendment and include the 1099-R.  Code G is for a direct rollover but you still need to file the 1099-R on our tax return.  Because this was a direct rollover, you should not have any tax implications.  

However,  Give yourself some time just in case your receive additional tax documents in the next few weeks. I would hold on to the 1099-R and do nothing right now because the IRS 2016 Amended tax forms will not be ready until sometime in February. This will give you some extra time to prepare your amended return in the event you need to make additional changes.  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5629863

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3318732

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies