Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Katem119
Returning Member

Worked several jobs last year and forgot to include a w2 for $900. Im expecting a refund ($1500)-Will this make my return be rejected&I add it then? Or do I amend it?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
HelenaC

Worked several jobs last year and forgot to include a w2 for $900. Im expecting a refund ($1500)-Will this make my return be rejected&I add it then? Or do I amend it?

It won't cause the IRS to reject your income tax return if you forgot to enter the $900 W-2. If it gets rejected for some other reason, you could add it to your return at the same time you fix the reject error.

If it doesn't get rejected, you'll have to amend it.

1. Wait until your first return has been processed by the IRS. If you're amending to claim more money, the IRS says to wait until you've received your original refund before filing an amendment. See How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed
  2. Once you've received your original refund, feel free to cash or spend it while your amendment gets processed (this can take 12–16 weeks).
  3. Three weeks after you mailed your amendment, you can start tracking its progress at the IRS Where's My Amended Return? site.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
HelenaC

It won't cause the IRS to reject your income tax return if you forgot to enter the $900 W-2. If it gets rejected for some other reason, you could add it to your return at the same time you fix the reject error.

If it doesn't get rejected, you'll have to amend it.

1. Wait until your first return has been processed by the IRS. If you're amending to claim more money, the IRS says to wait until you've received your original refund before filing an amendment. See How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed
  2. Once you've received your original refund, feel free to cash or spend it while your amendment gets processed (this can take 12–16 weeks).
  3. Three weeks after you mailed your amendment, you can start tracking its progress at the IRS Where's My Amended Return? site.

Katem119
Returning Member

Thank you very much!  I'm just getting nervous because I filed the 13th of March and my refund still has not been approved...Probably just being impatient!
HelenaC

Have you gone on the IRS website to check the status of you refund? The IRS Where's My Refund? lookup service provides a specific, personalized date for your tax refund. See <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/refunds">https://www.irs.gov/refunds</a>
Katem119
Returning Member

Worked several jobs last year and forgot to include a w2 for $900. Im expecting a refund ($1500)-Will this make my return be rejected&amp;I add it then? Or do I amend it?

I have been checking each morning and still says that my return has been received and is being processed...Received March 15th
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies