Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bk1949

How do we get the efile fee back from Intuit?

Our Maryland state tax efile keeps getting rejected because the 1099-MISC contains income from Canada. We've tried three times and have decided to give up and mail it in. How do we get the efile fee back from Intuit?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

With TurboTax Online there is no fee for e-filing. The TurboTax fee is for using the software to prepare your tax return. The fee is the same whether you e-file or file by mail.

bk1949

Intuit doesn't charge for federal filing but it does for state filing: $24.99.
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

When you posted your question you indicated that you are using TurboTax Online. As I said above, with TurboTax Online the fee is for the use of the software, not for e-filing. That applies to the state as well as federal.

Are you actually using the CD/Download TurboTax software installed on your computer, and not TurboTax Online? With the CD/Download software there is a fee for e-filing. You could call TurboTax customer service and try to get a refund. However, TurboTax did provide the e-filing service that you paid for. It transmitted your tax return to the state. TurboTax cannot and does not guarantee that the state will accept your e-filed return.

To call TurboTax customer service, go to the following link to get a phone number to call, during the hours that customer service is open. The current hours (until April 15) are 5:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Pacific time, 7 days a week.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/">https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/</a>

When you enter your question on the contact page, do not use the word "refund." If you do, it will give you the phone number for checking the status of your tax refund. Instead, say that you have a billing issue.
bk1949

Thanks. I wasn't aware the site indicated that I used the Online version. I especially appreciate your advice about using the words "billing issue"instead of "refund." Makes pefect sense in hindsight. I resolved the problem by phone. Thanks again.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies