Will o receive a paper check for my stimulus

The IRS began processing stimulus payments last week. If you provided your bank information for a refund on your 2019 tax return, the IRS has that information and you should expect your stimulus payment soon. If your most recent tax refund was on a prepaid debit card, watch your mail for either a paper check or prepaid debit card. 

If you have not received your payment by January 15, 2021, and your status is "unavailable" at Get My Payment, then you will claim your stimulus payment when you file your 2020 tax return. Please allow a few days after the 15th for the mailing of payment by the IRS. 

You can find the most current information through the following resources:

IRS Second Economic Impact Payment

TurboTax Second Stimulus Payment Updates

I received my check in the mail about an hour ago. The gmp still says it's scheduled to be mailed on 1/6

The IRS data in the Get My Payment tool is updated once per day overnight.  You should probably see the current status tomorrow.