Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Will my stimulus check be direct deposited onto my TurboTax card?

The growing consensus is that the money should be on our Turbo Debit Card. Santa Barbara Tax Group updated there site saying that those who did a debit card will get their money (except Walmart card).  The latest canned message from Turbotax indicates that some cards have been loaded with the money including those who payed fees or did advances. We won't 100% know until the money shows up in our account but it's looking good. 

I know that this doesn’t help at all, but in 2018 I used my regular bank for my tax refund DD. This year I got the TT card and did the advance. The stimulus money is pending in my regular bank account. This may or may not help. Reading all of the comments, I’m glad they used my 2018 info just in case. I will NOT be using the TT card for any future taxes. 

WOW!!!!!!!!!! SO! VERY WELL PUT! thank you.

Pittnc84

• Ok this is what info i have my moms filled her taxes with turbo and her refund come on her prepaid card last,nigjt at,ten oclock and she had money taken out for filling so we will get our money on our cards

Ditto. Thank the Lord the IRS will have a site we can put dd info on if we don’t want a check. Don’t get me wrong, still pissed if the $ isn’t on the card this week.

Thank you for that info!!

If you look on Santa Barbara’s website. They have updated it today. It looks like we will have the stimulus check sent to the turbo card regardless of if fees were taken out or not! 

How will I receive my stimulus check if I no longer have my turbo card? 

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

looks like even if fees were taken out, they will still deposit on turbo card. This was updated today through sbtpg which is the bank that turbo uses when you receive an advance or when you opt to have the fees taken out of your return. 

This link is useless for the question " will my stimulus go on my greendot turbo card". I will never use this product again. I'm cutting it up as soon as we get word on what is happening. 

Invisible2most
Returning Member

THIS IS FROM POINTME.COM /BOARDINGAREA AS OF APRIL 13, 2020 4:03PM

****Some Debit Cards Are Eligible to Receive Payments:

Debit cards that are used by many tax preparation companies such as H&R Block and Intuit’s TurboTax as well as the Direct Express programs do qualify to receive these direct payments. That’s because these cards (H&R Block’s Emerald Card, Direct Express and TurboTax’s debit card) are linked to an actual bank account (with routing numbers) and all should qualify for the economic stimulus direct payment. This is relatively new information.

Call turbo and get a replacement 

If everyone used the turbo card then the stimulus check will go on your turbo card they going by how you filed your taxes for 2018-2019... So if you still used the same bank account the previous year and this year that’s how it will be deposited if you went through Turbo tax and used the card it will be deposited the same way! Self explanatory .... if you did not file then you have the option to go online after the 15th to have it deposited into your account or you will receive a check! 

When did you file? 

aanserson923
Returning Member

I just got off the phone with turbo tax just call they will tell you if your getting it or not on your card. They will send a link to your email to update if that helps any. I mean it helped me just calling 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies