Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Will my stimulus check be direct deposited onto my TurboTax card?

Everyone who's asking are the ones that recieved a Turbo Tax card as a payment method, not an already made prepaid card where they manually entered the bank information of the prepaid card..

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Your stimulus check will go to the bank listed on your tax return.

If you have your tax return it is listed on page 2 of your 1040 on lines 21 b & c

It is also noted at the top of the filing Instructions.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

So again, why are half tax expects saying "we're still waiting for the IRS to tell us" and other half are saying basically it's an obvious answer that it will go on your Turbo Card just like your refund. This is not complicated at all so why is it being made out to be?

The STBG website does state that people who used their Turbo Card will get a check mailed to them though. Why would that be the case? Why can everyone else including the IRS for refunds deposit on the Turbo Card just fine with the account number and routing number BUT the stimulus it won't? 

Sbtpg only deducts fee and if your return was sent to them to deduct a fee they give you a different card a gold one, turbo card is different, both of these run under green dot turbo card with turbo tax will work sbtpg card will not cause they arent a bank only deduct fees if you owe on ta return

Couldn't have said it better myself 👏👏

@Demonik1400  Thanks for the clarification I did not know that sbtpg had a different card! I have the turbo card so I should be fine then! That makes me feel better!

I dont think thats true. I received the Turbo Card because I got the refund advance and my refund was sent through SBTG because I paid a fee for using Turbo Tax software. I didn't use the free edition. Gosh, this is ridiculous and now I'm even more confused. Never ever using Turbo services again for anything.

I don't think his answer is correct or at least not entirely

@SheWolff2  I was told today by a turbo tax professional that it should go in the card . I spoke to them on a Facebook feed hopefully this is the case 

@SheWolff2 wrote:

I dont think thats true. I received the Turbo Card because I got the refund advance and my refund was sent through SBTG because I paid a fee for using Turbo Tax software. I didn't use the free edition. Gosh, this is ridiculous and now I'm even more confused. Never ever using Turbo services again for anything.

Your federal tax refund was or will be direct deposited on the Turbo Visa card.  Therefor any federal stimulus payment that you are eligible to receive will be deposited into the same direct deposit account as the federal tax refund.

Using or not using the TurboTax Free edition is not relevant.

I sure hope its true. That's what we are all wondering if you have your direct deposit info as the Turbo Card. Which I do. And I never even questioned it not going on my card because to me that wouldn't make any sense. 

My comment was in direct response to someone saying that "people who pay fees to SBTG get sent a gold card, not the Turbo Card" 

I never said that using free edition or not had anything to do with whether or not the stimulus check would be deposited on my Turbo Card. 

If you actually are reading comments then you would see all my other comments and my comments in response to others comments. 

20200412_004208.jpg

Hope you guys find a peace of mind with this, 

Once again sbtpg has nothing to do with turbo tax sbtpg isa green dot company! This is copied from there website; The IRS will issue direct deposits to taxpayers that received a direct deposit. An IRS-issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that received a check printed from their tax professional's office or a debit card issued through Santa Barbara TPG...... notice the last line say through santa barba TPG CARd look up the cards they are different do not look for answer on a website that has nothing to do with TURBO TAX OR INTUIT 

If that’s the case than why do half of turbo tax agents say yes and the other say they don’t have the information. I have the turbo Visa card and have not received any notification and I have all notifications on 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies