Nat2312

Will my pending status change tomorrow

Will my pending status change tomorrow

Your e-filed return is still in pending on the server because the IRS will not begin to accept/reject/process returns until January 27.  Only a few returns were accepted early in a test batch.  Everyone else has to wait.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

So watch your emails and spam folder to make sure you know after Jan. 27 if your return was accepted or rejected.

rjs

Will my pending status change tomorrow

On the first day that the IRS starts accepting tax returns there's a major flood of tax returns that all the software companies were holding. The IRS might not be able to process them all the first day, so it might be another day or two before your status changes.