Kairality

Will i get my Stimulus money deposited to my debit account?

I filed my taxes through Turbo Tax and used my WellsFargo Debit/checking account to recieve my refund through direct deposit, so will the IRS use that info to deposit my money? I havent recieved a dime and my sister already recieved her's, will Turbo Tax provide my info? or do i need to register at the IRS?

ColeenD3

If you filed a 2018 and/or 2019 return with the IRS, and at least one of those returns had a refund which was direct-deposited, the IRS will deposit your stimulus payment into that account (if it's closed, you'll get a check instead.)

If you filed a 2018 and/or 2019 return and neither one had a refund coming, the IRS will mail you a stimulus check. The same holds true if these returns had a refund which was sent as a check.

In other words, if you requested a direct-deposited refund on at least one return in the past two years – 2018 or 2019 – your stimulus will be direct-deposited into that account (assuming it's still valid), and if not, you'll get a check.

Kairality

So if I used the direct deposit option on Turbo Tax free to receive my tax refund,  I dont need to do anything?

CatinaT1

No, nothing more needs to be done.