turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Will I get my stimulus check on my turbo card

Any news on this subject?

So basically the answer is while Turbo Tax has partnered with the IRS for people who haven't already done their taxes, the rest of us are essentially sol. The links provided do not give any new information, and if it ever does, none of it pertains to this subject. It shouldn't be our responsibility to figure it out, it IS Turbo Tax's. We don't even have the option to change our deposit information. This is quite tragic really.

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

TurboTax has not received an answer from the IRS on this issue.  "We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details. In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates"

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@LeonardS  That’s funny because when you talk to someone on the phone they have been instructed to tell people who registered for the turbo card that they will be issued a check but the IRS is working on a website for people to update bank account information. Quit giving robot answers to REAL people.

A real answer would be nice after as much as I paid for this service. Just saying, the card is active and since I'm presently unable to work and dont qualify for unemployment the $1200 is gonna save me bacon. 

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

TurboTax Corona Virus Updates or IRS Corona Tax Relief.

@stina51157

@ReginaM  They have updated...they started rolling money out yesterday. why don’t you give the real answer....green dot sucks and you can’t talk to a real person cause it’s a scam artist company just like turbo tax is becoming

This is not answering our question at all either there allowing the deposit on the turbo card or there not. 

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

TurboTax has not received an answer from the IRS on this issue.  "We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details. In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates"

Can you answer this is the turbo card part of the SBTPG bank?

This company needs to get their sh!t together!!!! Called and spoke to 3 different reps and all 3 said as long as my refund was direct deposit that the stimulus would go to that account!!! 

I spoke to 3 different reps with turbo tax all 3 said if thats where my tax refund went than thats where the stimulus will go!!! Now why is the answer different on here???

I've just spoken to a turbo tax representative and they told me that the Stimulus check will indeed be put on the turbo card of that's how you received your tax refund. 

millmelo

How is this a helpful response? They started issuing money yesterday. This card was touted as a direct deposit option which means this should go direct deposit also. I have used Turbotax for years and recommended to many people. However, if ya'll cannot answer a simple question then I will never use any of your products again. As I am sure many others will do the same. There is no reason to have a copy and paste answet that tells us nothing. I can tell you if this leads to many of us waiting on paper checks rather than direct deposits because we were told it was a direct deposit account there will be a class action lawsuit for misrepresentation of the product.

I read this in an article earlier. How true it is I have no clue. 

Debit cards that are used by many tax preparation companies such as H&R Block and Intuit’s TurboTax as well as the Direct Express programs do qualify to receive these direct payments. That’s because these cards (H&R Block’s Emerald Card, Direct Express and TurboTax’s debit card) are linked to an actual bank account (with routing numbers) and all should qualify for the economic stimulus direct payment. This is relatively new information.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies