Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will I get a refund from turbo tax because a cp11 came today from IRS regarding turbo tax stating i was due more stimulus funds and we we not. Anyone else?

Turbo tax software claimed we were underpaid and we were due more from the government. I followed the prompts provided. NOW I owe.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Will I get a refund from turbo tax because a cp11 came today from IRS regarding turbo tax stating i was due more stimulus funds and we we not. Anyone else?

How much is missing?  A common reason is you claimed the Recovery Rebate Credit on line 30 or too much Child Tax Credit on line 28 but the  IRS had already sent it to you.

1,400 or 2,800 (or multiples) is the 3rd Stimulus payment.  Did you already get the Stimulus payment they sent out last year starting March 2021? The IRS has records that show you were sent the 3rd stimulus payment so they removed the $1,400/2,800 Recovery Rebate Credit.

Do you have an amount on 1040 line 30?  You might have tried to claim it again.   Line 30 is only if you didn't get the full amount or qualify for more. 

Double check your bank statements and check your IRS account (both accounts if married) to see what they sent you.  Check both IRS accounts if married.

Your Online Account | Internal Revenue Service

If the IRS thinks they sent it to you but you didn't get it request a trace for a missing third Stimulus payment

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/questions-and-answers-about-the-third-economic-impact-payment-topic-j-p...Your Online Account | Internal Revenue Service

are you asking whether TT is going to refund the fee to use their service because the tax return was incorrect? 

Unlikely.  TT only pays interest and penalties if their software is incorrect. 

Please look at Line 30 of Form 1040.  That is the amount of stimulus that was NOT received, based on your  answers to the questions in TT.   It appears the IRS disagrees and I suspect is saying you already received that stimulus payment.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies