Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why the long wait

I filed my taxes with turbo tax on 1/31/19 and this is the first year I've had issues on 2/12/19 WMR simply said

"Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available.

Please Note:

For refund information, please continue to check here, or use our free mobile app, IRS2Go. Updates to refund status are made no more than once a day."

no codes no errors nothing and it has been this way since its now march 4th and I have no update on my refund, no letter from the IRS, and can't even get a person on the phone from the IRS every time I call I get the automated system and go through the prompts and get to the point where it has me enter my social and then says "were sorry due to high call volume we can't take any calls on the topic you have chosen good bye" and then hangs up this is so frustrating I have tried calling every day for the pas week with no luck. has any one else had this problem or know the cause?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Rick330

Why the long wait

Call the IRS:  [phone number removed]  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions." 

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.

It should then transfer you to an agent.

Why the long wait

I have tried these steps several time perhaps 6 or 7 days I call every day and try at different times of the day  and can't even get placed on hold I wouldn't mind waiting hours if that's what it took to talk to some one but I guess if their cue is to long it won't let you wait on hold just disconnects you 

Why the long wait

Same.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies