Ask the Experts all about moving >> Event happening TODAY!
dandhkim

Why is my State tax Return still pending?

Hi,

I e-filed my federal and 2 states tax returns on 16Feb and federal and Virginia state tax are accepted while DC return status still pending.

I read several postings regarding the error on the TurboTax for filing the CA state tax return.

Any other state (like DC) has the same issue?

DPTrcheng01

I have the same problem with my DC tax return is still pending. I went to DC income tax website, and they were accepting income tax return now. So what is the hold up?

MichaelOKC

Same issue here.  Filed federal and DC tax returns on 2/12/21.  Federal has been accepted, and as of today (2/19/21) the DC return is still pending.  Maybe DC is not ready to receive returns?  I don't know!

DPTrcheng01

We are in the same boat. Federal is completed but DC State is pending. We need to hear and help from TurboTax people.

DPTrcheng01

I just want you to know that my DC income tax has been accepted. Maybe Turbotax heard about our issues and not aware that DC individual tax website has been accepting returns. Finally, they sent it and DC accepted it. Check your DC income tax return.

MichaelOKC

Yes!  My DC tax return was accepted 2/19/21!