Why is my state still pending?

Why is my state still pending?

Why is my state still pending?

Depending on what state you are in, it's very normal if your return still shows in pending status for an extended period of time after your federal return has been accepted. The processing times for each state can vary tremendously. 

You can go here How do I track my state refund? select your state and most states have some type of note on their refund tracking page that states how long processing may take. If there is no note there, no need to be alarmed. They will email you once the return has been accepted or rejected. 

NOTE: If you contact the state or try look up your refund status while your return is still pending, don't be surprised if they tell you "no record found." This is normal; until that state starts reviewing and processing your return, they won't have any record of it. "Pending" just means that your e-filed return is on its way and that the state hasn't accepted or rejected it yet. And until they accept or reject it, they won't have any record of it.

Why is my state e-file still pending?