Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

silchic

Why doesn't my return print out all of form 1040? It only downloads the first page and then skips to the other forms. Page 2 has AGI and other important info.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why doesn't my return print out all of form 1040? It only downloads the first page and then skips to the other forms. Page 2 has AGI and other important info.

Everything is different with the new forms for the 2018 return.

You're not looking in the right place.    On the new 2018 Form 1040, the AGI should be on Line 7, about halfway down that first sheet of paper, about 2 inches below the signature section.

The signature block is in the middle of that first printed sheet.

Line 23 is the end of Page 2 (bottom of the first printed sheet).  Go back up that page to Line 7 to see AGI.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Is your Page 1 only a half-page long, and then the bottom half is blank?   Or does it have both Pages 1 and 2 printed on the same side of the paper?    The latter is what is expected.

With the new forms this year the Form 1040 Pages 1 and 2 are each half-page forms, but both pages print on the one same side of the paper.     The signature section is now in the middle of the page, and just below that Page 2 starts.   In the right margin, just below the signature section, the bottom half of the page should be labelled "Page 2" even though it's on the same side of the paper.

Are you experiencing something different than the above?

silchic

Form 1040, Page 1 of the "printed return" ends with line 23.  The next page is Schedule 1 and the following pages are the other forms.  Form 1040, Page 2 (with AGI, signature block, etc.) is missing.

silchic

Sorry for the confusion.  It does have page 1 and 2 on the same page.  However, everything after line 23 is missing.  I need info from the remainder of form 1040 such as AGI but all of that is missing.

Everything is different with the new forms for the 2018 return.

You're not looking in the right place.    On the new 2018 Form 1040, the AGI should be on Line 7, about halfway down that first sheet of paper, about 2 inches below the signature section.

The signature block is in the middle of that first printed sheet.

Line 23 is the end of Page 2 (bottom of the first printed sheet).  Go back up that page to Line 7 to see AGI.

silchic

Thanks!  You're absolutely right.  I was still trying to revert to the previous years' forms layout.

You're welcome.  Good luck.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies