Why does my 2021 return still say pending

It will remain in a Pending state until the IRS opens up their servers to accept e-filed tax returns.

The IRS will not start accepting or rejecting 2020 federal tax return until late January 2021.

Where's my federal refund

@gmc7958 wrote:

Where's my federal refund

You will have to wait for the IRS to start accepting or rejecting 2020 tax returns on February 12, 2021

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

Note - Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund. 

If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

It has been almost 1 week and it is still pending I e-filed it on 1/29/21

@pakely12 wrote:

@pakely12 wrote:

Edited prior post.  It should read - You will have to wait for the IRS to start accepting or rejecting 2020 tax returns on February 12, 2021

I filed 17th Jan and still pending...why??

I filed my return on 2/06. My federal return was accepted on 2/13 but my California tax return is still pending

Hello,

is your return still pending? I filed mine with credit karma on 2/03 and mine is still pending as well. 

Hi,

I have the same problem in Virginia , i was talking today with TurboTax specialist and she said that VA state and many states ''she mentioned california "that theY didn't send to turbotax the 2020 state forms updated. so turbo tax is waiting to updates of the 2019 state forms.