Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cmclellen

Why does it provide an option to get my refund as a loan/advance, and then deny me because the IRS hasnt approved yet (still in Jan)? Do you like wasting my time?

Dont offer me a an advance if you cant come through with it. I see you were able to collect all my personal info and sign me up for Credit Karma tho. Yippie!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Why does it provide an option to get my refund as a loan/advance, and then deny me because the IRS hasnt approved yet (still in Jan)? Do you like wasting my time?

One of the terms of getting the advance is that you do not receive any money until the IRS accepts your tax return.

The IRS just began to accept/reject 2023 returns today on January 29.   Your return might still be  among millions waiting to be pulled from the server.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
cmclellen

It said denied, so I chose a direct deposit. Now it says that I chose another method, it cancels it. I feel like Ive been tricked because nowhere did I read anything about waiting until the 29th. And now I ve got a stupid Credit Karma account and all the related spam, but no loan. And I cant reverse the changes. I hate corporate America.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies