Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karesteenlpc

Why did my refund show $1450 more when I opened turbo tax a few months after e-filing? I didnt recieve covid unemployment

My original refund was $2700. I received all 3 stimulus payments
3 Replies
DanPaul02
Level 7

Why did my refund show $1450 more when I opened turbo tax a few months after e-filing? I didnt recieve covid unemployment

The unemployment credit is for any unemployment received in 2020, not just for a COVID related Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation Program.   If you received any 2020 unemployment and filed before Feb. 23, 2021, then you will receive the credit.  

karesteenlpc

I didnt recieve any unemployment at all in 2020. I worked the whole pandemic

DanPaul02
Level 7

In that case, something is either wrong with your return or with the way the IRS computed it.  You should receive a letter soon advising you or the change.  You can also telephone the IRS and ask for an explanation.

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.

3.48m
Members

2.61m
Discussions

Manage cookies
v