f_haxton

Why did my refund amount change to $5 from over $1400.00 after I amended my tax information to include a 10099b amount of $3090.50?

DawnC0

An amended tax return (1040X) only reflects the net change in your return.  If you e-filed the original tax return, and it was accepted, you will receive the full amount ($1400) for the originally filed return.  The amendment form 1040X cannot be e-filed.  It must be printed, signed, and mailed to the IRS.  Wait until you receive your original refund before sending it in.  The amended return will take 12-16 weeks and then you will receive an additional $5 from the amended return.  

Amend My 2017 TurboTax Return  Read through these instructions to ensure you completed the amended return properly.  

DawnC0