mmarrone

Why can't Turbotax pull information from my previous returns, instead of me having to enter things like (c'mon!) my last name? I've been with turbotax 6 years

Seems like this used to be routine.  Am I missing something here?

mesquitebean

You may not have used the same account.  Many people have multiple accounts without realizing it.  Or did you use Free Edition last year?  Or perhaps you used the desktop software in the past.

********************************

Did you use Online TurboTax in 2015, but don't find a 2015 return in your 2015 Tax Timeline?   If so, then you likely have multiple accounts and signed into the wrong one.  If you used the desktop version for 2015 (CD/download), then it won't be in an online Tax Timeline.

To get a list of your User IDs and recover account access, you can use the tool at the link below.  Try using your phone number first.  If you try using your email address, and you have more than 1 email address, you should run the tool on each one.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number and each email address you have, then run the tool yet again, but this time choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

mesquitebean

********************************