Why can't I see my 2019 documents when I select "D...

samueltpanke

Why can't I see my 2019 documents when I select "Documents"?

I can't see or access any of my historical tax documents that were previously uploaded for tax return purposes.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

Or -

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

When you import things like W-2 or 1099 forms the ACTUAL forms are not imported ... only the information from those forms are imported and entered into the tax return where they belong.  All the program will have are the import worksheets of the information but not the actual forms themselves.  So if you need the actual forms you will need to contact the sender/issuer for another copy.  Remember it is YOUR responsibility to save your tax forms (either on paper or electronically) for at least 3 tax years  ... so if you could import the form then you also have the ability to download a copy to your computer or print one off.