maxexe30

Why am I lacking deposit?

I received one of my state tax refund yesterday in the correct amount that was stated when I filed my tax.

And so today, I also just received a few minutes or probably just an hour ago my federal tax refund, but the amount that was deposited to my account was different with what was stated when I filed my taxes, it was short of $154.

mesquitebean

Why am I lacking deposit?

I think I can explain that.   Did you use online Deluxe and prepared 1 Federal return and 2 state returns?  And then did you choose to pay the fees out of the Federal refund (which has a service fee)?  If so, then this likely explains your $154 difference:

Deluxe Federal return  39.99.
State return at 36.99.
Second state return at 36.99.
Option to pay the fees out of the Federal refund: 39.99 service fee (or 44.99 for California filers.)

So if that's what you used, then the total would be 39.99 + 36.99 + 36.99 + 39.99 = 153.96  (158.96 for California filers)

Does that sound right?

mesquitebean

Why am I lacking deposit?

Deluxe Federal return  39.99.
State return at 36.99.
Second state return at 36.99.

Does that sound right?