hankie1

Why am I filing an amended Oregon return?

I don't want to file an amended return. I want to file an original return.

JoceannaD

You may have accidentally started an amended return. If you went back to into your return in progress, and rather than selecting "return in progress" you selected "start/change/amend return."  This is very easy to accidentally do when you are still working on your return, when you save and sign out and sign back in to continue.

• First, I have included a way to remove/delete the amended return. Secondly, when you have completed removing the amended return, save and sign out. Then, when you log back into your account, be sure to only select "Take me to my Return in Progress". If you do not see this option, here are additional steps to get into your original return after you have removed the amended.
    (Log in to your TurboTax Online account) >Click on Taxes, and then click on My Tax     Timeline>Locate your 2016 tax return on that page >Find  "Some things you can do" under your 2016 tax return information>Choose Add a State (you don't actually add one; that's just to get the return to open up.)

Cancel or undo an amended return in TurboTax:

JoceannaD