cjay29

Where's my refund

I went to irs.gov for where's my refund and it says I'm entering the wrong information
AlexCas

Where's my refund

I am currently in the same boat, when I search it up now it says there is no information and I am freaking out a little

mesquitebean

Where's my refund

@cjay29 

First, did you efile?  If so, log in to your Online TurboTax account and confirm at the Tax Home that your efiled return was accepted.

Be sure you have waited at least 24 hours after your efiled return was "accepted" before using the IRS WMR tool.

When using the IRS WMR tool, be sure you enter the correct SSN and filing status.
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

Use only the Federal refund amount.  Do not use any combined total refund figure that includes the state refund.

Look at your actual 2019 return to get the Federal refund amount.  Be sure you are using what is displayed on your Federal Form 1040, Line 21a for the Federal refund amount.

And if you are paying your TurboTax fees out of the Federal refund, use the Federal amount without regard to the fee subtraction; i.e., the amount before any fees are subtracted.

You can also try phoning the IRS refund hotline.  I've seen it work for some users before when the WMR tool didn't.

800-829-1954

mesquitebean

Where's my refund

@ AlexCas

@ cjay29 

I just tested that IRS WMR tool, and it's telling me that it's completely unavailable right now.  Try it again tomorrow, using the tips above.

Or try the IRS Refund Hotline I mentioned above.   It might be functional.  I don't know.

AlexCas

Where's my refund

Hey the irs hotline actually is not working atm either have tried last week or 2 with no luck