Where on the 2016 tax return can I find my Total withheld/payments?

Depending on the federal tax form you filed for tax year 2016, the amount is on: 

• Form 1040 Line 74
  • Form 1040A Line 46

how does this get calculated

• Form 1040 Line 74
  • Form 1040A Line 46

turbo tax used to just ask for the amount of the refund. now we have to search for the amount withheld as well? this is not easy to find. you provide these line numbers but nothing is showing on mine

i got this question i  thought it was about state tax so i mistankenly put state tax total instead of federal tax. how do i correct that? i tried to review federal tax and didnt get that question asked again. please help

@souandji : careful there--turbotax may be actually asking for your STATE income tax withheld in which case, the recommended answer MAY BE WRONG UNLESS it's the FEDERAL income tax withheld that's being asked for... so make sure you were being asked for the FEDERAL or STATE tax withheld first.