Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Where is the portal to enter direct deposit info for stimulus check

There is no portal for that. You would open a TurboTax account and file a regular tax return. Instead of doing that, wait a few more days for the IRS to open up a portal that will allow you to enter your direct deposit information without the need to prepare and file a complete tax return. Here is a link to follow: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

Tt can you hurry and please make a program that just allows us to enter our updated direct deposit info ... already filed 2019 just banking info changed... there is NO place yet to do this and it may be too late by the time someone makes one

TurboTax is not allowed to do this. The IRS should have a portal open by the end of the week 4/7/20. See this web site to track availability: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

gje
Level 1

Where are you getting the information that the portal will be open the week of 4/7/2020 (actually the business week of 4/6/2020)? The link you included does not include a date certain and the Department of Treasury (including the IRS) and the White House have so far refused to identify a date when the portal will be ready.

So if you owe federal taxes, like a lot of us do each year, there is no way to use TurboTax to give the IRS your Direct Deposit information. It just shows as X’s on the return. I called them and was literally laughed at by a TurboTax agent “If you don’t get refunds why would we collect your direct deposit information” she said.

Yea, I’m glad I pay $110.00 to file my taxes with this software. I set up an automatic payment draft for the amount owed; maybe that will provide them the direct deposit info they need. I’m not holding my breath. 

I've been asking this question everyday!! This is absolutely crazy! We need our money now!! 

tneal118

looking to update my banking account info

hold on..... the IRS has BANK information if you provided it on your return.  So if you provided that bank information for EITHER you refund or because you owed money and required that the IRS draft you account, the IRS has that information.

I do appreciate that if you filed but did not provide ANY bank information, there is currently no way to provide that to the IRS;  the default would be a check.  

Gloira 15

We're do you go to put your direct deposit information.

@Gloira 15 - there IRS hasn't built it yet, so if you filed already, there is nothing more you can do at this point

In the president's press conference a day or so ago, someone said it should be up this week. That's the only source I have. 

Watch the IRS site for info ...  https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

How will the IRS know where to send my payment?

The vast majority of people do not need to take any action. The IRS will calculate and automatically send the economic impact payment to those eligible.

For people who have already filed their 2019 tax returns, the IRS will use this information to calculate the payment amount. For those who have not yet filed their return for 2019, the IRS will use information from their 2018 tax filing to calculate the payment. The economic impact payment will be deposited directly into the same banking account reflected on the return filed.

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

I am not typically required to file a tax return. Can I still receive my payment?

Yes. The IRS will use the information on the Form SSA-1099 or Form RRB-1099 to generate Economic Impact Payments to recipients of benefits reflected in the Form SSA-1099 or Form RRB-1099 who are not required to file a tax return and did not file a return for 2018 or 2019. This includes senior citizens, Social Security recipients and railroad retirees who are not otherwise required to file a tax return.

Since the IRS would not have information regarding any dependents for these people, each person would receive $1,200 per person, without the additional amount for any dependents at this time.

OK So this information has been up for at least a week, and we are all hearing on the news the payments will be issued within 3 weeks.  In my case the IRS does NOT have our direct deposit information because I have not filed in 2019 and provided it, and in 2018 we received a paper refund check.   PLUS they don't even have my correct address.  SO there is a need for  a portal that allow people to enter this information immediately.  I realize this is not really the problem of TurboTax/Intuit, BUT the IRS website mentions you as a partner building a portal of some kind so what gives?   I don't have great faith in this administration to complete their promises but I would love to be pleasantly surprised. 

@BitSkeptic wrote:

OK So this information has been up for at least a week, and we are all hearing on the news the payments will be issued within 3 weeks.  In my case the IRS does NOT have our direct deposit information because I have not filed in 2019 and provided it, and in 2018 we received a paper refund check.   PLUS they don't even have my correct address.  SO there is a need for  a portal that allow people to enter this information immediately.  I realize this is not really the problem of TurboTax/Intuit, BUT the IRS website mentions you as a partner building a portal of some kind so what gives?   I don't have great faith in this administration to complete their promises but I would love to be pleasantly surprised. 

Do not use the portal to register for the stimulus on the TurboTax website if you are going to file a 2019 tax return - https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

File your 2019 tax return as soon as possible.

For a change of address go to this IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-procedures/address-changes

@BitSkeptic - @DoninGA gave you good information; understand that this all appears to move rather swiftly.  I appreciate everyone wants their money NOW, but in some cases that won't be possible,

the only issue is WHEN you receive the money not IF you are going to receive the money

from what Treas. Sec. Mnuckin said last week, direct deposits should be in checking / savings account by April 14 (end of the month if you have social security only and do not file)

for checks, they are to begin mailing the week of April 24 in 'income order'  Under 10k of income the week of APril 24, under 20k of income the week of May 1, etc .

when they did this in 2008 it took SIX months to get it done; it's alot quicker this time

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies