Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where is my Refund

I submitted my return and was accepted on 1/29/2024 using Turbo Tax Deluxe. I took the standard deduction so I am confident there is no audit chances.  I still have not received my refund. I did my sons taxes the same day and he has already received his refund. When I check the IRS.gov website it shows as being received but does not give a reason for the delay. There is no reason why it is taking so long and with scammers I am concerned. How can I check to find out why such a long delay.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

Where is my Refund

Saying what is happening to your return at the IRS would be speculation. All you can do now is, wait. At least you know that the IRS has your filing. It does not matter who sent your form to them. That is the sole destination for federal tax returns. No one has discovered a way to make any tax agency speed up working on or sending out refunds. No one ever will because they are an overwhelmed, over worked, under funded and under staffed government bureaucracy. Eventually you will get the pay off of your no interest loan to the government. 21 days is just an educated/informed guess which should not be relied on.

Check out https://www.irs.gov/wheres-my-refund   

JulieS
Expert Alumni

Where is my Refund

Yes, people are experiencing longer waits for their refunds this year. But it's difficult to get the IRS to tell you exactly what is happening with your return. 

If there is an issue with your return, the IRS will send you a letter explaining the problem and‌ may ask you to take ‌action to help resolve it. For example, some taxpayers are asked to provide proof of their identity before the refund is released. 

In most cases, the IRS can resolve the issue without help from the taxpayer. 

As always, you can use the Where's my refund?  to track your refund after it is accepted.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies