Royalscott

Where is my recalculated federal tax refund

In late April of 2021 I refiled my 2020 tax return electronically and received confirmation from the IRS that it was received. Turbotax automatically recalculated my federal return to not include unemployment compensation that was included on the original tax filing which was also re-submitted and received by the IRS.  I have yet to received my adjusted return from the IRS.  Does anyone know how I can find out.  I have already gone to the IRS website "Where is my Refund" and no information is provided.     

You misunderstood something ...  the TT program was  updated to reflect the tax law changes   but NOTHING was sent to the IRS by TT ... the IRS is processing the original refund and sending it  and then recalculating the return and sending the balance of the refund.  

If you filed the return in late April  that was AFTER the program was changed so your original return would have already included the exclusion so the IRS will process the return only once.  Of course they are way behind in processing returns this year especially if your return has something requiring a human to look at it.

Royalscott

Thanks for the clarification.  I filed the first time in February and then checked the status in April and noticed the difference in taxable income. 

fanfare

Always print a copy of your completed tax return for your records, and review it carefully before e-Filing.
You will need it if you are audited by the IRS, or to amend if a TurboTax update changes your return or for any other reason,

AND, to find your AGI next year.