Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

WHERE IN TT DESKTOP PREMIER CAN I FIX IND-181-01?

We E-filed our Return and got this Error (IND-181-01, IND-181-01 - The Identity Protection PIN (IP PIN) for the first taxpayer on your return is missing).

(We do have IRS PINs for me, and for my spouse.)

The corresponding TT email said: "Once you’ve opened your return in TurboTax, the details about what needs updating will be displayed."

We opened TT Windows Desktop Premier, and our Return now shows an Exclamation Point, but I don't see anywhere to fix that, or anything that says "FIX MY RETURN". 

How and WHERE do we fix this?    PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks much!

Alan

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If you have a 6 digit PIN issued to you by the IRS you need to enter it in order to e-file.  Go to Federal>Other Tax Situations>Other Return Info>Identity Protection PIN and enter the six-digit PIN.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If you have a 6 digit PIN issued to you by the IRS you need to enter it in order to e-file.  Go to Federal>Other Tax Situations>Other Return Info>Identity Protection PIN and enter the six-digit PIN.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thank you very much for replying!

MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Alan

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies