scott0653

When will my taxes be filed?

We did our 2020 taxes on turbotax and paid to have them filed.  When will they actually be filed?

NCperson

When will my taxes be filed?

no earlier than January 27th...HOWEVER, you may want to hit the pause button on filing until you know that the stimulus changes for the 2nd payment are programmed in and you have received that payment.  it is going to save you a HUGE headache to be confident that has all settled in before filing. 

When will my taxes be filed?

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

You could not have completed Step 3 to e-file the tax return since e-filing of a 2020 tax return is not yet available.  The ONLY way to e-file a tax return using TurboTax is for the user of the program to initiate the transmission by clicking on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

Using the TurboTax online editions there are no e-file charges for a tax return, federal or state.  The TurboTax online account fees are for the use of the software to assist in completing a tax return.  The account fees are the same whether a tax return is e-filed or printed for mailing.