colinmh

When will I receive my stimulus check if I just mailed in an amended return? I had accidentally filed as a dependent although I could not be and was not claimed as such.

JotikaT2

It depends.

If the IRS receives your amended return before it issues any stimulus payments, then your payment will be adjusted accordingly.

However, if you end up not receiving a stimulus this year and you later determine you should have received one, you will be able to claim a credit on your 2020 tax return when you file next year.

What does the stimulus package mean for you?

JotikaT2

It depends.

colinmh

That's very helpful, thank you! Just glad that I'll still be able to get it, albeit a year later.