Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When will I know the date that I will be receiving my refund by direct deposit ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When will I know the date that I will be receiving my refund by direct deposit ?

That's hard to say.   Except for a few test returns, the IRS won't start processing returns until January 29.  So unless yours is one of the early test returns,  sometime after January 29 you should hear if your efiled return was accepted or rejected.

Normally for an accepted return, 9 out of 10 filers receive their refunds within 21 days.   It's unclear if the government shutdown will affect the IRS speed this year, but it could if the shutdown is prolonged and if many IRS workers are temporarily furloughed.

Here's another factor to consider which can affect your refund timing:

If you have EIC (earned income credit, aka EITC) or ACTC (additional child tax credit), the IRS will start processing them on Jan. 29, but will not start releasing those refunds until February 15.  That means people with those types of credits may not start receiving their refunds until around February 27.

Once the IRS has accepted your efiled return, you can monitor its status at this IRS website.  It will NOT show up there until it has been accepted.
http://www.irs.gov/Refunds

View solution in original post

1 Reply

That's hard to say.   Except for a few test returns, the IRS won't start processing returns until January 29.  So unless yours is one of the early test returns,  sometime after January 29 you should hear if your efiled return was accepted or rejected.

Normally for an accepted return, 9 out of 10 filers receive their refunds within 21 days.   It's unclear if the government shutdown will affect the IRS speed this year, but it could if the shutdown is prolonged and if many IRS workers are temporarily furloughed.

Here's another factor to consider which can affect your refund timing:

If you have EIC (earned income credit, aka EITC) or ACTC (additional child tax credit), the IRS will start processing them on Jan. 29, but will not start releasing those refunds until February 15.  That means people with those types of credits may not start receiving their refunds until around February 27.

Once the IRS has accepted your efiled return, you can monitor its status at this IRS website.  It will NOT show up there until it has been accepted.
http://www.irs.gov/Refunds

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies