Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When will I get my tax return if I had to mail it in? It’s also been a month since I’ve mailed them?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

When will I get my tax return if I had to mail it in? It’s also been a month since I’ve mailed them?

It takes about 6 weeks to receive your refund when you mail your tax return to the IRS. You can start checking on the status of your refund about 4 weeks after you mail a paper return. Where’s My Refund? will give you an estimated personalized date when they will either mail you a check or direct deposit your refund after the IRS processes your tax return and approves your refund.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

When I check where’s my return, it says it’s not found. So do I sent in another copy in the mail?

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

It's best to wait a few weeks before mailing anything new in. The IRS is "continuing to process tax returns, issue refunds and help taxpayers to the greatest extent possible." Please refer to the following link for an update on what's happening.    

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/taxpayer-assistance-center-statement   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies