Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When will I get my second stimulus check deposit

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Please note the following update: 

We are happy to share that stimulus payments will begin to be deposited on January 8th for millions of our customers affected by the IRS error.  We expect most of these payments to be available that day, but banks could take a few business days to process. Payment will be deposited into the same bank account that customers received their 2019 tax refund.

Customers receiving a stimulus payment will receive an email from TurboTax letting them know their stimulus payment is on the way.  We have been working tirelessly with the Treasury and IRS to get stimulus payments to our customers.  We know how important these funds are for so many Americans and we regret that an IRS error caused a delay.

Please note the following page for additional information:  Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm confused. The TT sent an email that the IRS needed to reissue the second stimulus and the IRS made a statement about reissuing payments by the end of January, soooooo why the talk about the claiming it on taxes after 115? Which is it? Where is my money? I'd be asked to pay late fees if I owed the IRS money. This is disgraceful. 

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

The vast majority of TurboTax customers affected by this IRS error will receive their stimulus payment from the IRS.  In a worst-case scenario where the IRS cannot direct deposit or mail the stimulus payment, you may claim it as extra refund on your 2020 tax return.

Please see the links below for more information:

Thanks. Which one of these emails is my confirmation email? The one where I was notified about the error? The one where I was notified about reissuing payments? I didn't receive an email about confirming my dd since nothing about my checking account has changed. 

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

@Kjansen29

Stimulus payments are issued by the IRS, not by TurboTax. We do not have direct information about your stimulus payment.

For the most up to date information on if you are eligible and when and where you can expect a payment, visit the IRS Get My Payment tool here. See this TurboTax FAQ here for more information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies