When will I be able to file an amendment for this year? Why does turbo tax show my status as accepted when I've already received my refund?

Once your efiled return has been accepted, your efile status will always be shown in your account as "accepted."  That is the status of your efiling--not your refund.   TurboTax does not get any feedback as to whether your return was approved and paid.

The Form 1040X and amending instructions have been delayed.  Currently it is projected to be available in TurboTax on 2/22/2019.

Federal forms availability:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1908854-irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-perso...

When the Form 1040X becomes available, you should be able to get the 2018 instructions here:

If you are due a Federal refund with the original return you filed, you should wait on the refund to arrive first before amending.

In the meantime, do not make any changes in your return.  It has to start off as originally filed.

If you amend your Federal return, you will likely need to amend the state return, too (if applicable.)

Federal forms availability:

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing