turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When I open turbotax it is only giving me the option to prepare my state tax return. My federal results are in there but I can't go back to revise or review. How do I?

Is my software malfunctioning or is it user error?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

When I open turbotax it is only giving me the option to prepare my state tax return. My federal results are in there but I can't go back to revise or review. How do I?

Try doing it on a computer using the Chrome browser.  Clear browsing data for all time before signing in.

gregjosband wrote:  "When I open turbotax it is only giving me the option to prepare my state tax return. My federal results are in there but I can't go back to revise or review. How do I?"

You appear to be using Online TurboTax; at least that's what is indicated above underneath your question.

What is your situation in regard to the Federal return?  Have you already filed the Federal return, or is it still in preparation and has not yet been filed?   And if not yet filed, is the interview closed, and you need to know how to open it back up?

If you haven't yet actually filed the Federal return, but if TurboTax thinks you were finished, your return interview may be closed.   If that's your situation, then here's how to open the unfiled return interview back up:

Click on the link "Add a State".    That doesn't really add one, but will open the interview back up.   Once the return interview is open, then you can make any edits to the unfiled Federal return.

NOTE:  If you've already filed your Federal return, and if it's been accepted (if efiled), then don't use the above method.  In that case report back on information on how to amend an already-filed return, if that's what you need.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies