taylorbug215

When I filed my return I wanted to claim zero dependents to get the most money back. If my return does not reflect zero I will need to amend it to say I do NOT claim me.

How do I know from looking at the return if I did that or not, this is the first time I ever did this, and my Dad needs to claim me on his return.

tygrtchr

If you do not claim yourself, you may not get any money back.  If your Dad claims you, your income will be taxed at his rate.  You will be asked if anyone else can claim you on their taxes and you will be prompted to provide the information on that person.

tygrtchr

taylorbug215

Thank you very much