ashleymybelle201

When do I get my taxs back

Why have I not got my taxs back yet

RamonT

When do I get my taxs back

You can find this information when you log into your TurboTax Online account in the Overview section. It will have the status under both federal and state, if applicable. You may also check the IRS' site, Where's my refund: https://www.irs.gov/refunds.

The IRS releases most refunds within 21 calendar days after the e-file has been accepted, not 21 days from the e-filing date. For mailed returns, allow 5-6 weeks from the postmark date.

Please wait 24 hours after your federal return has been accepted before looking it up at Where's My Refund? See also Where's My Refund FAQs.

If it has been more than 21 days since your return has been accepted you will need to contact the IRS. Their telephone number is 1-800-829-1040- Business hours Monday - Friday 7am-7pm.

RamonT

When do I get my taxs back

jhsaldivar

When do I get my taxs back

There can be multiple reasons that your tax return is delayed. First being that you qualified for certain exemptions which can lead to longer wait times. On average it takes 21 days from the time that the IRS "Accepts" your file. Second, there  could also be a situation where there were dramatic changes in your financial situation that could lead them to look closely at your taxes. Usually these situations get sorted out and never create a problem for you beyond waiting longer; however, this scenario could also lead to an Audit. I hope this information helps.