Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When amending my 2022 return, none of the original return data is populating in the form.

I'm trying to amend my 2022 return using the desktop software. but for some reason, none of the data is populating so I can adjust it. There are no options to import data it seems. I have my original return file, but there is no way to populate that data into an amended return. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When amending my 2022 return, none of the original return data is populating in the form.

Also you first need to check the filing status inside the program so it knows it was filed and accepted.  Open your return and go up to the top black menu bar first item

File > Electronic Filing > Check Electronic Filing Status

Then save your return and close it.  Close the program and reopen it.  

If you don't see a button for Need to Amend a Filed Return? on your home screen then you can get to it here. Go to:
Federal Taxes -or- Personal (for H&B)
Other Tax Situations
last section, Other Tax Forms
Amend A Return - Click the Start or Update button

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Do you have the data file ending in .tax2022?    Can you open it in the program?  Go up to File-Open.  Then It's under Federal Taxes Tab or Personal (Home & Business)
Other Tax Situations
Other Tax Forms
Amend a Return - Click Start or Update

After I open the file, it takes me to the screen that says we’ll help you finish your taxes soon. The problem is that my text file will open, but it won’t present me with any options to amend. And when I go to navigate different areas, it shows that my taxes have already been submitted. There’s no way to access the amend menu.

When I open the program, and there is an option to amend, it takes me to a blank and empty tax return. So I’m not able to leverage my submitted tax.

Also you first need to check the filing status inside the program so it knows it was filed and accepted.  Open your return and go up to the top black menu bar first item

File > Electronic Filing > Check Electronic Filing Status

Then save your return and close it.  Close the program and reopen it.  

If you don't see a button for Need to Amend a Filed Return? on your home screen then you can get to it here. Go to:
Federal Taxes -or- Personal (for H&B)
Other Tax Situations
last section, Other Tax Forms
Amend A Return - Click the Start or Update button

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies